Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Weakness

Our Bridegrrom sometimes leads us to difficult places, but we can trust Him to have purpose in our stay and never to forsake us.--Moore
Praise God for that! He will never leave or forsake us. A couple of days ago I wrote Nonforsaken, and my heart just swells up thinking of all the times I have turned my face from God...and He has just waited for me to turn back around. Never leaving. Always loving me, unconditionally. Longing to embrace me again. Longing for me to ask Him to make me whole.
I believe a Christian life is always growing. Never merely existing, and never staying the same. If we love Jesus, and have a relationship with the Son of God, we should feel compelled to learn more about Him. To spend more time with Him. To talk to Him more. Just like a bride-to-be is excited to spend the rest of her life growing closer to the man she loves, and learning everything about him, joining her life to him, as a Christian...as part of the church, the Bride of Christ...I should not hesitate to learn as much as I can about Jesus, and join my life to Him.
In my vows to Zane, I said that our strengths mixed with each other's weaknesses would only allow us to grow stronger as a couple, and enable us to glorify God more. I believe it is the same in my Christian walk. My over abundant weaknesses, mixed with Christ's amazing strengths, only allow Him to be glorified more, as I lean on His will. His guidance. How I wish I could be better at stepping aside and letting God move, rather than me trying to do everything on my own!
You say to me, Lord, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Your power may rest on me (2 Cor. 12:9).
Never will You forsake me (Heb. 13:5). You are the only absolute guarantee I have in all of life. Help me cling to the one thing I can never lose.

--Inspired by "Praying God's Word."

No comments:

Post a Comment