Sunday, July 4, 2010

Dare 5

Good morning! Happy 4th of July! I am so thankful this morning for the freedom I have been so blessed with by the soldiers who unselfishly give up their lives so that my family and I can be safe. I am even more thankful that I get to celebrate with my family in Knoxville. Zane and I rarely get to come up to K-town to spend time with my parents and brothers, so this is a fantastic blessing as well. I made fruit pizza last night...cookie dough crust, cream cheese spread covering the dough, and then strawberries and blueberries...red, white, and blue. I am proud to be an American:)
"Whoever blesses his neighbor with a loud voice, rising early in the morning, will be counted as cursing." Proverbs 27:14
Genuine love minds its manners. One of the most aggravating traits for a person to have is rudeness. I do not enjoy being around rude people...the ones that are boisterous just for the sake of getting a reaction and being the center of attention. Don't get me wrong...I believe we are all boisterous at some point, but there is a difference in being boisterous for a moment at a party, and being that person that talks loudly during a movie.
Have you ever noticed that the people who gain your respect are usually kind and considerate? "People who practice good etiquette tend to raise the respect level of the environment around them." They typically are not ignorant or selfish--common traits of the rude person. I have already been dared to be selfless, kind, patient, and thoughtful. If I apply all of these traits to my personality, being conscious of my actions towards my husband, I will gain his respect, and a healthier marriage. I respect my husband more than words can say; and I can honestly say he already possesses all of these character traits. "If you don't let love motivate you to make needed changes in your behavior, the quality of your marriage relationship will suffer for it."
Love should lift you to a higher standard. So dare to be delightful!
Today's Dare: Ask Zane to tell me three things that cause him to be uncomfortable or irritated with me. I can't attack or try and justify my behavior. This is from his perspective only.
Yesterday's Dare: Be thoughtful.
Dare 3: Be selfless.
Dare 2: Be kind.
Dare 1: Be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment