Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Wings

Good morning! How are you doing today? My day started off way too early. Zane had his first day at his internship yesterday, and it went splendidly. However, due to the location of his internship, we are carpooling to Atlanta in the mornings, where I drop him off, and then drive myself back to Lawrenceville for work. Can I just tell you, waking up at 6 am is hard for me! While I may be a morning person around 9 am, I am most definitely cranky at 6 am. (Though if I were to wake up to Crepes or Donuts, my mood might be...overwhelmingly joyful!)
I haven't written anything for you since my beach trip. It was a blast. Way too short, as most vacations are. And I do believe my sunscreen must have expired due to me still getting burned despite the insane amounts of reapplying I continuously did throughout our time on the beach. I won't complain about that though! The sunburn is not bad enough to take away from the perfect temperature of the water, the stream of Vitamin D raining down on us, fantastic company, and games that we played. Haha...I'm sorry for laughing at someone's expense, but, one of our friends, while preparing to jump for a frisbee, must have stepped on a crab in the water that did not take too kindly to his foot. He was then both laughing and hopping on one foot, I believe more surprised than hurt. Still, it was a blessed time!
Now that I have you caught up with the trip...let's change course. Let's get emotional!
I heard a song on our commute in traffic today. I have heard it many times before; however, this time I actually listened to the lyrics. Friends, I am such an emotional person. I truly do cry over everything! Just last night I cried during 24. I cry over stories on the radio. Tender commercials. During the Olympics. Goodness, I am a cry baby! While listening to this song, I was majorly choked up. The lump in my throat made it hard to breathe...but I hate crying in front of Zane, and he was still in the car with me. Haha...doesn't it just scare guys when a girl cries all the time, over the most random things! I would be a sorry male if that was my gender! So, I held it together, knowing I would share the song with you and be emotional then!
This is my thank you to God who blessed me with such wonderful parents, whose ultimate goal was to love me dearly and give me wings of my own. To show me Christ that I may live life free. I know this was the song of their hearts as I was growing up. And dear friends, it is and has been the song of my heart for my unborn children. (It is ridiculous, I know, how much I love my children already...and my hubby and I are still a good ways off from talking babies!) Without further ado, this is Mark Harris' song, Find Your Wings.
If only for a moment, you are mine to hold.
The plans that Heaven has for you will all too soon unfold.
So many different prayers I'll pray for all that you might do.
But most of all I'll want to know you're walking in truth.
And if I never told you, I want you to know as I watch you grow
I pray that God will fill your heart with dreams.
And that faith gives you the courage to dare to do great things.
I'm here for you whatever this life brings.
So let my love give you roots to help you find your wings.
May passion be the wind that leads you through your days.
And may conviction keep you strong, guide you on your way.
May there be many moments that make your life so sweet.
It's not living if you don't reach for the sky.
I'll have tears as you take off, but I'll cheer as you fly.
I pray that God will fill your heart with dreams.
And that faith gives you the courage to dare to do great things.
I'm here for you whatever this life brings.
So let my love give you roots to help you find your wings.

Okay, don't tear up! I have been but am trying to keep it under control since I am at work.
Mommy and Daddy--You gave me roots, and you planted my roots in the best soil of all, God's hands. I love you so much, and hope and pray God grants me the grace to love my children as you loved me.

No comments:

Post a Comment