Monday, May 17, 2010

Faith without Works

Good afternoon, dear friends! How are you doing today? I hope you had a beautiful weekend...mine was splendid. One of my favorites, actually, since we moved to Athens! I awoke Saturday morning to my husband making crepes...you know your day will be fantastic when you start off to something like that!
My LifeGroup finished off Crazy Love by Francis Chan this past week. We were not able to meet to discuss the final chapter, so there will be an update on here once we do. However, throughout the whole book I have been overwhelmed with how much God loves me. How much He has given me! My blessings are overflowing daily. Francis Chan challenges Christians to live radically for Christ. Whether that means becoming a missionary in your city or a foreign country, downsizing your home to give money away, upgrading your tithe even though the economy hurts...no matter what it is, if God moves you to do something, you obey. No questions asked. You just do.
Umm...let me just say here for a moment that I am a question asker! I want to know absolutely everything there is to know about anything you think you may want me to be a part of. I am not very good with the 'obey' part without knowing the 'why, when, how, where, and can I finish eating this piece of chocolate' part as well. Oh dear friends, I am so ashamed at my lack of faith! I do not know how many times I have said, just on this blog, that God's will is good and perfect. I know He promises that. And I believe it...when it comes to all of you:) It is so difficult to believe it fully when it comes to me and His calling, and...He does have billions of other people to be concerned with. Is He sure He meant me?
I hope God uses Crazy Love to dig deep in my soul and make my Spirit anew. To be transformed to His ways...my mind conformed to His thoughts. I hope God works His Spirit in you as well...that you may grow in His will as your journey deepens with Him.
That's it...I don't have any deep lesson. I just wanted you to know that I hope and pray God moves us in a radical way, to radically obey Him! God bless each of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment