Friday, May 21, 2010

Beach Trip

Good evening! I hope you all have had a great day! Mine has been filled with sunshine, great seafood, and many other blessings. My husband and I enjoyed many hours on the beach, most of which were spent in the ocean throwing a frisbee back and forth, attempting to dive into the waves, yet being fairly unsuccessful due to the undertow.

During our joyous time, the water in our basket spilled over. This caused our camera to be unworkable, my phone to be destroyed, and my books sustained water damage. I'm still drying them out, which I hope works. The notes are too numerous in So Long, Insecurity for the water to not dry up, right? My other book, Chosen, the Lost Diaries of Queen Esther, is having a more difficult time, but since I have only plunged a few chapters in, no notes have been lost. That book will be easier to replace.
Nevertheless, this is a very relaxing time. The Blalocks and Woottons showed up around 4 pm today, and we have been enjoying our time since. We went to a fantastic seafood restaurant this evening for our dinner, Bill's Bayou Crab House (I think that was the name). Zane and I split 1 dozen chargrilled oysters, and 2 soft shell crabs. We finished off with a Key Lime Pie...well, Zane did. The waiter could tell by our discussion that I really wanted the Peanut Butter Orea Pie; therefore, he brought me one for free. Absolutely delicious!
Dear friends, I am thrilled with the time God is giving us. The great friends He has given me to share in this vacation, and the fantastic husband who enjoys relaxing, and throwing the frisbee, and eating...goodness, everything that I love:)

The ocean is so vast. The sky, so beautiful. Friends...great friends are priceless. Just looking at the menu at dinner, I was taken aback by how many different types of crabs there are. Do you ever wonder what it was like for God as He created all of creation? Why was a King Crab not enough? Why did He make so many different others. What made Him decide that the ocean would be multiple colors, depending on depth? I am overwhelmed with the beauty God allows each of us to see. There is so much beauty it is impossible for us to take it all in!
"When I look at Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars, which You have set in place, what is man that You are mindful of Him, and the son of man that You care for Him? Yet You have made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned Him with glory and honor. You have given him dominion over the works of Your hands; You have put all things under his feet." -Psalms 8:3-6

1 comment:

  1. Love your outlook on everything!! Love your sweet spirit and that you acknowledge
    God's greatness and goodness and show gratitude for it! And LOVE you!!

    ReplyDelete