Friday, May 14, 2010

Lost

Good morning! I am thrilled that it is Friday! No plans this weekend...which means I get to relax. Somehow, that seems perfect.
Real fast, before I get to my 'lost' topic, I just want to say a thank you to the dear friends I have made while living in Athens! God has been so good to me by putting fun and uplifting girls in my life. While I miss my friends in Chattanooga terribly, God is allowing me to start new friendships...and you can never have too many friends. It is so refreshing to be a part of a circle of friends that are seeking Jesus in their lives. Truly a blessing.
Perhaps you have grown use to me writing novels on my blogs:) This will not be so long. I just wanted to share my experience this morning: I was ready to leave for work early! Usually I am rushing to get out of the house on time, but this morning...no rush. Until I reached in my purse and couldn't find my keys. Friends, immediate frustration drowned me. My husband started searching for my keys with me. We tore apart the couch, looked on the bed, under the sheets, in all our clothes drawers, in the refrigerator, in the grass outside, the mailbox, the closet...oh goodness. EVERYWHERE! In the meantime, I'm growing more and more 'moody' because I am now late to leave for work, and my only option of transportation will be to drive Zane's car...which at the moment has no air conditioning. (Being stuck in Atlanta traffic without air conditioning is not my idea of a simple pleasure in life.) Friends, I went from pleasantly content to infuriated in less than .2 seconds I think.
Once I started my journey to work, with the windows down, I immediately began praying that God would calm me down. Why on earth do we let the slightest mishaps get us so tangled up inside? Everyone loses their keys! Probably multiple times a year! As I prayed, the Holy Spirit kept having me think of all the blessings I have in life. God completely turned my discomfort into Thanksgiving. I cannot explain how wonderful that was...and how I felt like I needed to be hit over the head. For how quickly my attitude changed this morning when I realized my keys were missing...and oh have I lost them before...God does not get as easily frustrated over us when we 'lose ourselves' over and over and over and over. God patiently, and in His time, brings us back to Him.
Perhaps you do not find this as inciteful as I did...but my heart is so thankful that for as often as I ran from God, He never let me run too far. (Suddenly I get the picture in my mind of children with a leash on.) God knows exactly where we are at all times, even when we feel lost and confused. I am beyond thankful for that! I am so thankful He cares ENOUGH to watch out for me. Like a good daddy keeps tabs on his children, our Heavenly Father never lets us out of His sight.
Deut. 31:6b "He will not leave you or forsake you."
Joshua 1:5 when God is commissioning Joshua--"Just as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you or forsake you."
Psalms 94:14 "For the Lord will not forsake His people; He will not abandon His heritage."
Psalms 37:25 "I have been young, and now am old, yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken or His children begging for bread."
Hebrews 13:5 "Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for He has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you'."
That is a promise I know God fulfills every moment. Have a blessed day, friends!

1 comment:

  1. Travis loses his keys alllll the time. I get more frustrated than he does because it usually means I have to hide my keys around the building to ensure he can get in if he gets home before I do. Happens to the best of us :)

    ReplyDelete