Thursday, August 5, 2010

Safe when Kneebent

Good morning! I apologize for not updating the Love Dare each day. I assure you that Zane and I are doing them each day; however, I have become lazy in my blogging. At some point tonight, you will receive an update on at least one love dare.
My devotional today in "Praying God's Word" reflected scripture that I dwelled on the day Zane and I spun out on I-285. Every time I read scripture from Psalm 138, I am reminded of God's presence in my life, as well as my deep need for Him...the need to be abiding in Him and in constant prayer. I want to share with you the whole devotional (remember, they are very short) and am hoping you will be blessed by it. That you will be encouraged to fall on your knees before the King of Kings.
"The path to peace is paved with kneeprints. Bend the knee to His trustworthy authority.
Lord God, I desire to bow down to You in worship. I want to kneel before the Lord my Maker; for You are my God, and I am among the sheep of Your pasture, the flock under Your care (Ps. 95:6-7).
Though You, Lord, are on high, You look upon the lowly, but the proud You know from afar. Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You preserve my life; You stretch out Your hand against the anger of my foes, with Your right hand You save me.
You, Lord, will fulfill Your purpose for me; Your love endures forever--do not abandon the works of Your hands (Ps. 138: 6-8)."
It is such a blessing pray each morning God's very word. To pray the promises He has lavished upon us. He is the only one trustworthy and faithful to never go back on His word. And what a relief to know that He will fulfill His purpose for me. His love endures forever. Praise Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment