Monday, November 28, 2011

Thankfully Saved

This past week was Thanksgiving, which my family spread out over 4 days.  2 days were spent with my husband's family and 2 days were spent with mine.  I love Thanksgiving food and I love going around the table telling what we are thankful for.  I wish that we could keep going around the table for hours sharing what all God has been doing in our lives but alas, not everyone likes that tradition.

During my reading this morning of Colossians and Philemon, Thanksgiving kept being brought up.  Not the holiday, but the reaction to what all God has done for us.  How thankful we should be.  How boldly we should share.  Paul was encouraging the church (and therefore us as well) to conduct themselves in such a way that they would be thankfully sharing how Christ had redeemed us.  Through our joy and thanksgiving, through sharing our faith, Paul was praying that it would become 'effective for the full knowledge of every good thing that is in us for the sake of Christ." (Philemon 1:6)

If we are saved, then we of course are thankful.  We have to be.  There isn't any other option.  If we have been saved we should be overflowing with such joy that His light pours out of us.  And if being redeemed brings us such joy, we should be sharing.  So go.  Be bold.  (I'm speaking to myself as well.)  Let's share our faith and what God has done in our lives to those who desperately need to hear the gospel.  Be thankfully saved! 

No comments:

Post a Comment