Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Problem Not Your Own

I'm sure we have all come across problems that are not our own, yet have adopted them confidently, knowing that some how, some way, we are going to find a solution and make everything better.  I have been in the middle of an internal battle for nearly two months now because of this.

I'm not going to go into the details simply because that is not what this post is about.  It is about letting go and letting God.  Every problem I hear about does not equal me taking care of it.  I know that prayer is powerful.  I know that God answers all prayers.  Absolutely all of them.  And that not all answers are what I wanted or expected, but all answers that God gives are the best answers there are.  So why do I constantly act as though prayer isn't enough?  Why must I try to fix things that are entirely too big for me to take on?  

I am constantly in need of God's grace as I continually stumble through life.  He must chuckle at me every time I try to do His job.  My job is to love.  Deeply and fully.  Even when it is hard.  

"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails...There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the Lord... There is surely a hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off."  (Selection of God's promises.)

No comments:

Post a Comment