Monday, November 14, 2011

Song in my Heart

My baby boy is swinging next to me and I'm crocheting a frog beanie, enjoying a cup of Mint Chocolate coffee, and listening to a CD that has nothing written on it.  It didn't have a case.  I wasn't sure if it was a CD I burned while in college, if it belongs to my husband, or if it even had anything on it.  So I popped it in to find out the answer to those questions, as well as have music on so that little Roman stays asleep in his swing.  Turns out, it is a CD that a friend of mine in college gave to me several years ago.  The very first song captivated me.  I know I've listened to this CD before, so I am baffled as to how I didn't recognize the first song in the least. 

Needless to say, God wanted me to find this CD and put it in.  It is stirring my heart in so many ways.  I am experiencing a beautiful, blessed hour in my home.  Just me, my Father, and the blessings He has surrounded me with.  Most of these songs are perfectly focused on all Christ has done for us.  Drawing me into Him.  Calling me closer.  Reminding me of the Faithful One.  My soul needed this.  I needed this.  Sometimes, despite us being surrounded by Him and held by Him, we are still too busy to breathe in His presence.  Ahh, what sweet presence I am experiencing right now.  I couldn't help but put down my yarn and needle and blog this moment.  I hope that someone reads this and either knows this feeling, or takes the moment now to bask in His Glory. 

As I usually do, I'm going to share the lyrics with you of the first song that God used to draw me in today.  The song is called Beautiful, Scandalous Night.

Go on up to the mountain of Mercy to the crimson perpetual tide
Kneel down on the shore
Be thirsty no more
Go under and be purified
Follow Christ to the Holy Mountain
Sinner, sorry and wrecked by the fall
Cleanse your heart and your soul in the fountain that flows for you and for me and for all
On the hillside you will be delivered
At the foot of the cross, justified.
And your spirit restored by the river that pours
From our blessed Saviour's side
You carry the sin of mankind on your back and the sky went black.
At the wonderful, tragic, mysterious tree
On that beautiful, scandalous night you and me
Were atoned by His blood and forever washed white
On that beautiful, scandalous night.
On that beautiful, scandalous night.
On that beautiful, scandalous, miraculous night.


Have a blessed day, friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment