Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Praying

Good morning! I know it has been a few days since my last post. Believe me when I say I have wanted to blog, but time is rare these days! I already have in my mind things I need to blog about...they are backing up. But rest assured, eventually I will get it all down.
So, friends, I have this huge desire in my heart now. During one of my trips to Romania I heard the term prayer warrior for the first time. I was intrigued by the term, but to be honest...embarrassingly honest...I thought that type of prayer life sounded boring. Sure God tells us to pray with out ceasing (1 Thess 5:17), but He couldn't have been serious. We have a lot going on! We can't just drop everything all the time and pray...who would have time to get stuff done. Not to mention wondering who has enough time to be a prayer warrior...praying the same things over and over and over...and really seeking God's will.
The truth is, I was still wrapped up in my will at the time. Being patient enough to be taught how to pray was not a top priority. But then I began to pray. I began to understand that while I'm driving, I can pray. While I'm talking with a friend and I say, "I will be praying for you," I can actually say a silent prayer right then. While cooking, cleaning, taking a shower, etc...I can pray. And if for some reason I run out of things to talk about...or my mind just goes blank for a moment (which has been happening a lot during the middle of my prayer times lately), I can sit. Be still. And listen. When praying, I so often fail to let God get in a word...but prayer is communication. Yes, God has provided prayer because we NEED Him. Not for His benefit, but for ours. Still, He has words of wisdom to speak to me, yet I keep rambling on.
The reason why I'm posting about this is because my very first post was inviting you on my journey as I grow closer to God. This is a journey I am embarking on. I want to learn how to be a Prayer Warrior. I want to pray without ceasing...and really understand what that means. I ran across a Prayer Bible the other day while looking for a novella from Stephanie Meyers to go along with my Twilight Saga...yes, I like the books. This bible went from Genesis to Revelation with devotionals and prayers and really focusing on how God's people prayed. I have asked my hubby to get that Bible for me for my upcoming birthday. Since I am asking you to join me on this journey, I also want your words of wisdom as well. Do you know of any studies I can do to teach me how to pray?

No comments:

Post a Comment