Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Fingerprints

Good morning! I hope your morning has started off smoothly. I have yet to have my cup of Green Tea, but seeing as I will be going into a long meeting momentarily, the tea will have to wait.
I was listening to The Fish today on the radio--no surprise--and was paying attention to the words of Steven Curtis Chapman's song 'Fingerprints of God.' For whatever reason, I felt overwhelmed to blog this to you; one of you may very well need this reminder. I know I have needed to be reminded that I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Why is that so easy to forget? In the midst of our society's pressure of never living up to expectations, not being pretty enough, successful enough, smart enough, etc, not to mention the pressure we put on ourselves!...be reminded that the God of the universe made you for a purpose and He will see that purpose fulfilled--you just need to jump on board. There will never be another person quite like you. God made you an individual. Knitted you together with different fabric of His choosing.
"I can see the fingerprints of God when I look at you. You're a masterpiece that all creation quietly applauds. And you're covered with the fingerprints of God."--Steven C.C. Dwell on that for a moment! Isn't it a bit overwhelming?
Be reminded of that. Hold those words dear. I hope they bless your heart today and forever! Have a wonderful day and make sure to pass along this to someone who may need to hear it. You never know how God may use you to pick someone else's insecurities up off the floor and bless their heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment