Friday, June 22, 2012

An Informing Meeting

Zane and I went to our first Informational Meeting regarding adoption this past Tuesday.  I have not been able to get it out of my head.  I'm so excited to be on this path, though I've seen it coming for 8 years!  The meeting was...enlightening.  There are so many more countries that we are eligible for than I thought.  Terminology does not always mean what you think it does.  We have a list of countries, 5 actually, that we are interested in.  One country that I thought was a 'no' is actually a 'yes' I found out, and I cannot get two little faces out of my head!  No, I haven't seen our future children...I know I haven't...but I still see these two little faces every time I think about adoption.  My heart is being tugged towards a particular country.  I'm not quite sure how God gets a husband and wife to both desire a child from the same country, but I'm waiting to see if Zane starts bringing up this particular country before I let him know how I'm feeling.

While we are not starting the process at this time...hopefully in 2013 or the end of 2012...I am doing my research on creative fundraising methods.  I cannot wait to start this process and welcome others to help us bring Baby Seals #2 and #3 home!  (Unless I get pregnant..then #3 and #4.)  Did you catch that?  Yep, we want to bring home a sibling group.  Originally I thought God would allow us to go through this process multiple times, but both Zane and I are desiring 2 at once.  Praise the Lord for working in our hearts regarding that and bringing us to the same conclusion!  I. Cannot. Wait.  My heart is bursting at the seams thinking of my precious little ones.  Roman will make a great big brother.  Zane makes an excellent father and will love these precious ones as his own, just like he does Roman.  And me...I've been desiring this for so long I don't quite grasp the reality in it all.  Oh joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment