Saturday, May 28, 2011

Patience

This is not one of my favorite things.....probably because I'm so horrible at it!  I enjoy being good at things.  Something like patience, a lesson being taught continually that I just never master, is not my idea of a 'good time.'  However, in my household...my hubby and I have been learning a lot about it lately.

I've blogged before about strength rising when we wait upon the Lord.  How we are to wait upon the Lord, but far too often we wait upon the event and wonder why we aren't feeling strong.  Oh we are so weak when we are waiting on the event.  In my case, the event is the job my husband has yet to nail down.  And I know it isn't because he isn't qualified, or a great candidate, or not interviewing well.  The truth is he is the top candidate coming out of one of the top schools for his program.  So why is he not receiving offers yet....well, because that is in God's hands and He is at work in our lives. 

I was reminded last week by some girlfriends that when we first started asking for prayer, it was that opportunities would come.  They most certainly have!  Then I started asking that people would pray God would make it quite clear where we are supposed to end up....there were certain jobs that if received would be too difficult to turn down, so if God didn't want us there, the offer wouldn't come through.  Well, God has most certainly be shutting doors!  And then I, in my lack of patience attitude, get all upset that God isn't moving fast enough.  haha....if I would only slow down and see that God's timing is perfect and that He is right here with us, answering our prayers and guiding us this whole time. 

So, here is what we know:  our baby is on the way in Sept., our lease in Athens is up July 15, and we have absolutely no idea where we will be moving to, where Zane will be working, what church we will be at, how much longer my car is going to run (it has 250K miles on it, and I add another 100+daily traveling to and from work), a ballpark figure of a budget that we will work with, and that God is working something in our lives that we cannot even imagine.  What He has in store for us is better, far better, than anything we could have planned for ourselves.  So while He teaches us patience, our trust and faith in Him--the God who loves His children, always provides, never forgets--will continue to increase as we look forward to what lies ahead.  We may stumble and fall in our attempt to master patience.  But we know that God is good, that He is able, and that He will see us through.
 
"Be joyful in hope, patient in tribulation, constant in prayer."  Romans 12:12

No comments:

Post a Comment